Reg : Solar Security LED Light

goodwin

Joined Apr 25, 2009
Dear Sir,

I am trying to make a low cost, compact project on Security Solar LED Light

The motion of someone driving up to house or walking up to door automatically turns on this bright LED lamp, keeps it on for 1 to 5 minutes - adjustable by me - past last motion detected. Can also control this security solar light’s sensitivity to motion and sensitivity to daylight conditions. The entire power source should provided by solar cells.

Help me with your posts. :(

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
One of the core problems I see is you are going to need more solar cells than you think, as the sensor circuit suck a lot of juice just sitting there. Then you will need a battery, something that can handle 48 hours or so off a full charge to power the circuitry. The time may be too short, depends on your climate.

You will probably need a different circuit for the daytime sensor. IR motion sensors are cheap and can be found from several sources, including Radio Shack, but they don't work well in daylight. Why would you want an LED during daylight? A security camera maybe, but not an LED, even a high power one will be washed out, just like a flashlight during noon.

The reason most security systems are geared toward night is that is when most of the nefarious activities occur. Unless the area is in full shade a daytime motion sensor will likely not work, they are very sensitive.

During daylight it is possible to detect changes on a standard video signal from a camera. This assumes the background doesn't have a lot of movement, such as the street with cars, or pedestrians on sidewalks, or even a dog in the yard.

goodwin

Joined Apr 25, 2009
:)Thanks for your reply.

Let's leave the daylight and concentrate on night/dark only.

Whenever a person goes throuth the light the LED light should glow for a period of 5 minutes and the entire circuit should work with a solar power source.

:)

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
When I take my dogs for a walk at night, many homes we walk past have motion sensor triggered lights that are sold everywhere. It would be simple to power them with a rechargeable battery that is charged by a solar panel.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Don't forget, it is a low voltage system. The ones you describing sound like they are house voltage.

Unless you just want to DIY, the off the shelf units will be cheaper and likely better.