ref for geology

killerfish

Joined Feb 27, 2009
Hi,

anyone can recommend which geology reference book contains info about weather, climate change, root of global warming, etc. My sudden curiousity, I want to know about these.:)

your helps is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
I'm going to move this to General Science, as it's not quite physics.

Have you looked in your local library? There are usually some titles on the subject of weather. I'm not too sure geology is really involved, unless you are concerned with volcanic gasses.

Last edited:

killerfish

Joined Feb 27, 2009
Hello,

Take a look at the geology and climate pages of this page:
http://www.educypedia.be/education/educationopening.htm

Bertus
Thanks I will look at it.

I'm going to move this to General Science, as it's not quite physics.

Have you looked in your local library? There are usually some titles on the subject of weather. I'm not too sure geology is really involved, unless you are concerned with volcanic gasses.
Thanks. I don't have prior knowledge of these so I not sure about this. Im curious about root of climate change and the cycles, global warming(melt of north/south pole ice what will happen next). Hope you guys can enlights me. :)

Last edited:

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
I'm not sure anyone has the root cause. The planet has gone through numerous warm and cold cycles. I don't recall anything convincing about what brought on the ice ages, or why things were able to warm up after so much ice formed.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Actually one of the better explanations is our sun is actually a variable star, it is not as stable as we'd like to assume. If that is the case we are lucky it isn't worse.

studiot

Joined Nov 9, 2007
A good all round introduction is

Atmosphere and Ocean - Our Fluid Environments
By
J G Harvey

Oceanography
By Summerhayes and Thorpe

Is good on global warming, greenhouse effect, and climate change

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
drc_567 General Science, Physics & Math 4