recreational trips camping ?

Mathematics!

Joined Jul 21, 2008
I have some camping questions

How much is a camping trip on average in masschusetts (or maine / vermont / new hampshire )
staying at a typical cabin or renting an RV or just plain buying a tent/equipment.

Basically I want to know the cost typically of each.

And need your guys opinions that have camped or camp and what you guys typically spend for how many nights on average.

And how long the duration of there stay was ?

Question 2
This is seperate from the camping
I am also wondering about if there is a place where one could pay to have somebody take them water skiing?
( I know one could rent a boat if he had a second person to drive it but if I was solo )

and the different types of water skiing options ( wind sailing , boat water skiing ,...etc) how much would they cost in total for how many hours with equipment needed

Last edited:

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
Again how can you live in Massachusetts and either not know the answers to these questions or how to find them?

Camping is going to depend on the site. RV camping (not really camping) typically costs around $20-$35 a night and usually includes electrical and sometimes sewage hookup. Tent camping maybe $6-$20 per site per night.

All you need to do is to go to your state park website (assuming you want to stay at a state park) and look up the prices.

Your stay is as long as you want to stay. At private campsites, some people stay all summer, even all year long. Or at least have their camper on site. So much so they set up a small lawn with lighting ornaments the works.

Sailing can be found at a lot of state lakes, maybe $18 and hour for a boat. Again it depends. You need to pick an area and do some research pn your own.

Mathematics!

Joined Jul 21, 2008
ok, I understand but is there a easy to uses website that allows one to select a state in the US and a type of water sking option like ( wind , boat ,...etc) and show you all the lakes (or body's of water that have these services )

As for the camping same thing type in the state and camping option and allow you to show all the places that one could stay at cabins
(i.e all the forest's that have camping cabins ...)
I know one could camp pretty much anywhere with a tent / camping equipment but when you want to stay at a cabin you are restricted to some places

Kind of just want to see all my options for cabins/lodging to where I can go in the forest/ areas of the state
would be nice if there was a google map that plotted all the cabin locations for a given state much like skicentral.com is for ski resorts for the states

As well as for RV parking

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
Real country cabins are for family and business friends,,there are a lot of

rental cabins,with numbers just like motels. I have stayed in the Everglades

in a family owned cabin,been in there family for nearly 100 years. You can't

sell or lease them,when the owner dies,the cabin and land go's back to the state.

Most states have concrete cabins or log and concrete in some large parks.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Parks take money, there are people who maintain the camping grounds, park rangers, roads, etc. Why do you think this comes free?

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
There is usually no parking fee. Why don't you just call them?

I am not sure what your second question means.

You have to pay for camping even if you walk in. As long as it is not restricted you can camp on National Forest land for free but there would be nothing there. No showers, bathroom, tent sites etc. Just the land.

Mathematics!

Joined Jul 21, 2008
interesting
thats werid if you own a cabin you should beable to rent it or sell it at any time

are you sure about this going back to the state/government what happens if it is in a will to pass on ?

Doesn't seem like it should be that way only if there is no next of kin to recieve it or there is some abuse / unuse issue then maybe

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
interesting
thats werid if you own a cabin you should beable to rent it or sell it at any time

are you sure about this going back to the state what happens if it is in a will to pass on ?
Who said that you couldn't? But private cabins are not usually found in state for federal parks.

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
1. Campgrounds suck, cheap hotels are the way to go.
2. A rolling stone gathers no moss. Plan your trip well, use coupons and look for deal and you can pay half what you would.

I've done a lot of traveling and I can tell you about pulling up to a hotel and walking in and saying can I have your cheapest room she says $75. I then say your billboard 20 miles ago says rooms $39.99 and up. She said that was for people who call in and reservere a room. She litterally made me walk outside, call her, reserve a room, then walk back in and pay $39.99 So look out for that trick.

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
Is this in the US or EU? I've done my time in southern campgrounds going to bed not knowing if I was gonna wake up the next morning way too many times. I'd rather deal with the hookers knocking on my door once a night to see if I need a date.

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
Greece specifically. I don't have any foreign experience on camping.

But you must have an instinct for self preservation in general. If there's a chance you might put yourself on fire lighting a camping gaz or soak to death in case of rain, then you 're better off with a low value-for-money room.

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
Ok yah people dissappear from camp grounds here all the time. I used to follow the dead and can't tell you how many times I've seen a cute lil 20 something take a ride with someone never to be seen again. In the US campgrounds are full of transients and are choice hunting grounds for serial killers. Heck we used to just sleep at rest stops then worry about a camp ground. Only got robbed a couple times. (In Detroit of coarse.)

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
Ok yah people dissappear from camp grounds here all the time. I used to follow the dead and can't tell you how many times I've seen a cute lil 20 something take a ride with someone never to be seen again. In the US campgrounds are full of transients and are choice hunting grounds for serial killers. Heck we used to just sleep at rest stops then worry about a camp ground. Only got robbed a couple times. (In Detroit of coarse.)

Well don't camp in those downtown Miami campsites and you won't have those problems. :)

I have never heard of anyone being murdered (at least not lots of stories) at a state or federal park campsites. Plenty of people being killed by bears but rarely human beings.