Recommendation on books

afaik

Joined Nov 2, 2008
I'm looking for a book on diodes/transistors that is easy to understand. I'm having a bit of difficulty with my current book "Electronic Devices and Circuit Theory" by Boylestad and Nashelsky.

I hear Art Of Electronics by Horowitz is very popular. I was lucky enough to find a programming book that I can pick up from the first page and just read sequentially without being overwhelmed with unnecessary information or lacking descriptions and examples. With that book, I go section by section and test the programs that the author uses as examples.

I'd like to be able to find a book that I can read and learn in such a way with transistors. Basic Electricity was written so it was easy to learn and understand, but it was basic in some ways. If anyone has any recommendations, I'd very much appreciate them.

bobbyrae

Joined May 14, 2009
Here is a link to an online training thing:

http://www.twysted-pair.com/

I tried the first lesson for free and thought it was pretty good.

You might also take a look at
All New Electronics Self-Teaching Guide by Harry Kybett.

I just took a quick look at Horowitz's The Art of Electronics. I know a lot of people like it, but it looks a bit too advanced and theoretical for me right now. What it really comes down to is just what kind of training do YOU want and need. Others may like a book but that is because they want something really theoretical or advanced. Or maybe they so new to electronics that they will love a book that talks to them like a baby. So don't buy something just because it gets 5 stars at Amazon!!