reasearch paper help please...

tony8404

Joined Jun 11, 2008
Hello everyone, i just registered to this wonderful site and also have just started to take electronic classes. I have one problem though, i have not been in school since 1996, and even then in high school i never had to do a research paper and if i did i didnt do it lol.. i was a bad student in high school. but now i see that you need school and a career to make it especially in these times... so i am hopeful that with that understood maybe someone can help me out a bit since i am taking this very seriously! thanks

so here is my problem.... i have a research paper due next week monday. i feel i have plenty of time especially with the weekend coming up. i just purchased a book with simple series, parallel and series-parallel in the book with good lengthy reading... so i had plan to read the series and parallel and the series-parallel part and do my paper on that. of course i will use the book for references since i bought it lol..

My paper needs to be 6 pages, 1st page is letter head name and all that, 2nd starts the body to the 5th page and for the 6th page will be my references. so i had planned on doing one page on simple series, the next page on simple parallel, and the last page or two on series-parallel. does that sound right? are teacher just said to do it on series-parallel no other choices which is fine.

i figured that if i read the section in the book i just bought i could put the paper in my own words and just use the book as a reference i wouldnt copy word for word though. would i need more then one reference? should i make this paper as if i was learning myself about this and as if i gave my paper to someone who wanted to learn it would know it after they read it? or should i just write it as i learn it? i am confused on that part... i dont wanna write it sounded like i am trying to teach someone when i should be showing what i know about it myself ... thanks guys i really appreciate it woo hoo i am so excited about making my choice in the electronic....

thingmaker3

Joined May 16, 2005
Just describe the operation of the circuits. Demonstrating your knowledge to your teacher - even if it is knowledge you have just learned - is what such papers are for.

Grammar, punctuation, capitalization, and punctuation all count. This is so even if the teacher says otherwise. You only get one chance to make a good first impression. Have a friend proof-read the thing for such details at least one day before it is due.

If you decide you need more than one reference, look here: http://www.allaboutcircuits.com/vol_1/chpt_5/index.html

tony8404

Joined Jun 11, 2008
Thank you thingmaker3, i wanted to make sure before i started to dive into the paper. i bought a good book called basic electricity seems pretty newly published was about 60 dollars but has everything in it. but the great thing is the book is easy to read kinda reminds me of a comic books graphics that is what they used in this book for pictures plus the way it was written was great it is very easy to read not like most technical books i just bought the book yesterday and i already read up to page 50... lol.. also, thanks for the link that is exactly what i printed out last night to read on my train lol

ixisuprflyixi

Joined Sep 16, 2007
I am currently still taking classes on my long road to my BSEE. I find it easier to read from the book and learn the topic and then write a couple paragraphs and then go back to the book for a refresher. Doing this allows the words to come from you in your words.. its very important not to plagarize. Grammar/punctuation is also very important.
try to convey that you actually understand the topic you are writing about by giving examples and then giving citings from experts to back up your examples. This is the typical way arguments are given.
4 pages sounds like alot to write about simple series-parallel circuits so it would be good to go into details and give many examples of each type of circuit. This will help fill some space. If you are allowed to write in an open format you may choose to incorporate some narrative writings as well.. like tell a story about how you learned hands on with these types of circuits.. that helps fill alot of space.
If you need more help on filling space or on content then let us know.