Really getting FED up with this.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Dear Customer/Beneficiary!

I am directed to inform you that the UPS Express Delivery UK© are in possession Of your Package containing a MASTERCARD worth Five Hundred Thousand (500,000.00) Pounds,That has been awarded to you by The MasterCard/Visa international Promo which was conducted in a Personality Test Program held to Honor our esteemed Customers.

The VAT & Shipping fees have been paid for by the Award Promo Board you will only have to pay a sum of (302.44 USD) to the UPS delivery Department being full payment For the Security Keeping Fee of the UPS Courier services as stated In our privacy terms & condition page.

Please kindly contact UPS Express Delivery UK© with the details Given below for your package:

1. YOUR FULL NAME
2. PHONE AND FAX NUMBER
3. RESIDENTIAL ADDRESS
4. YOUR AGE AND CURRENT OCCUPATION
5. STATE
6. COUNTRY
7. SEX

Contact Person: Mr ROY SMITH
Position: Dispatch Officer
Email: upsdeliverydesk@9.cn
An email I got.

Don't they ever get tired of this **** :mad:

tom66

Joined May 9, 2009
They make money from it and it is very difficult to prosecute them as they operate in different countries.

Often this is a form of advanced fee fraud (sometimes it's just a fake lottery fraud.) Either way, sites like thescambaiter.com and 419eater.com are great resources for people wanting to tackle the problem. I like reading the letters, by using up scammers' time they prevent real people from being affected.

tom66

Joined May 9, 2009
are still ppl falling for this even now?
and how do they make money?
Contrary to popular belief, it is not just the greedy or the stupid who fall for such scams. Often people who are desperate, financially or emotionally speaking, will believe this as their ticket out. It is a very serious matter, and it can bring some people to suicide after realising they have been conned. These scammers make a lot of money. Sometimes it is only one person; but often, it is a gang of people.

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
I interview a person who claim to a --------,contrary to beleive
there Is a part of the world population that Is raised with the
instruction that every you have is there's for the taking. Its a
way of live for them.They live in gated communities just like the
middle class.Some times worth alot more in assets.The best I
could determime there is a blood line.I am open to be more
informed about the blood line. I could have been conded in the info
I receive.Law enforcement is a part of life for this group,in person
they are charming.Check out wikipedia.There is a town in Florida
that holds an annual convention for a lot of groups,I asked about a bumper
sticker,I was asked to buy a broom,she was heading out of town
with van full of brooms. A message and one broom at a time,
not trying to get rich,one for the cause,was her message.
Maybe Its not me just the people I meet on the street.

Last edited:

Potato Pudding

Joined Jun 11, 2010
Loosewire? If that was a Turing test you would fail.

If the scammers send out one hundred of those emails a day for one hundred days, they will get enough money to make them very rich in parts of the world where the annual per capita income is still less than $2000. You have to look at $10 a day as relatively rich.

And those parts of the world can't afford the policing, or to pay their police enough to be reasonably corruption free.

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
Puddy,the people I'm talking about live here in the U.S.,
the only way they could find you would be by E-mail.You live
in a beauiful place.@retched,you could be so lucky that a van
full of broom's showed up for your broom.She must be at work
where did that link come from ---errrie
Note- @ retched became hi-lited when I type It.
It disappeared when I posted.

Last edited:

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
Loosewire has selected the perfect name to go by.

I really wonder if he has a wire (or 15) loose. ;)
I do not think Loosewire has a loose wire. It is more that kind of error, then solder joints start to crack and capacitors begin to dry out. I once had TV with that diagnosis. One day it could be quite normal, giving crisp and clear pictures of world. Then the next day it could be a frustration giving very bad and unclear pictures, if any picture at all. After getting tired of smacking and slapping it to common sense. I finally open it, replaced a lot of electrolytic capacitors. Then after some rework on many of the solder joints. It worked quite well actually.
Edit: What is the English word for such electronic error that come and go.

Last edited:

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
u know before I joined any forum, I thought forum is a group of people running a web site and they know each other quite well.
With that in mind then when I read loosewire's post I thought he was the comedian of the group and sometimes I thought he really had a loose wire.

so after a lot of post I came to realize that no body know who the other guy really is and loosewire too was some guy at a different corner of the world, isolated.

But the nick loosewire really suite his post.
No offense loosewire, just what I thought before i really knew any of u guys