RC for Clock and clear

simo_x

Joined Dec 23, 2010
I all, I have a circuit (I attacched it to the post). It's a dice, and I have a little question:

If in the circuit I connect R5 (changing it from 1K to 10K) to the RC of R3 an C3, I can erase R4 and C4 from the circuit, correct?

The purpose is to clear the MR in a shorter time than give a shot to CLK.
I Think my idea is correct.. Could you confirm me that please??

Thank you for your replies.

simo_x

Joined Dec 23, 2010
Well, I think my idea was bad, because capacitor charging time will always depend on R3*C3 without any delay on R5.

ifixit

Joined Nov 20, 2008
Hi,

• Why do you want to change it? Doesn't work the way it is?
  • D2 should be the other way around. Typo?
  • The Q1 clock enable circuit is only needed if the circuit is powered up with the push-button depressed. Right?
  • Could you use pin 4 of the 555 IC to keep the clock off until power is up?
Regards,
Ifixit

simo_x

Joined Dec 23, 2010
Hi,
Why do you want to change it? Doesn't work the way it is
Just to simplify the circuit.. I thought it maybe works, but not, two Rc are needed.
I just putted D2 in this way because forward biased to the other way, the simulation was really really slow.

The Q1 clock enable circuit is only needed if the circuit is powered up with the push-button depressed. Right?Could you use pin 4 of the 555 IC to keep the clock off until power is up?
Yes, Q1 will give a PGT. Yes, I can use pin 4.

EDIT: do you think is really bad working on the clock in this way?
Thank for your reply.

Last edited:

ifixit

Joined Nov 20, 2008
Your way is okay, however, R5 and Q1 are not needed if pin 4 is used there-by saving some components. R4 and C1 would connect to pin 4.

If you have a bread board of the circuit you could try it and see if you like how it works.

Regards,
Ifixit