Rc circuit, Calculate the voltage across the inductors and total current. help me guys

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Okay.... so calculate the voltage across the inductors and find the total current.

This is not the Homework Done For You forum.

YOU need to show YOUR best attempt to solve YOUR homework. We can then look over your work and, if necessary, help you see where you are going wrong and help you get back on the right path.

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
WBahn, since so many posters here seem to think it is a Homework Done for you forum, perhaps its name needs to be changed to "Homework Assistance (not done for you)" so they may better get the message (but no guarantee). :rolleyes:

shteii01

Joined Feb 19, 2010
You can simulate the circuit. This way you will know answers to 5 and 7. This will let you check your answers, if you do the math.

To everyone else. I am kinda curious about number six. What are the criteria to decide if the circuit is predominantly resistive or inductive?

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
You can simulate the circuit. This way you will know answers to 5 and 7. This will let you check your answers, if you do the math.

To everyone else. I am kinda curious about number six. What are the criteria to decide if the circuit is predominantly resistive or inductive?
About the only criteria that would make sense, in the lack of anything specific, would be if the resistive component is more or less than the reactive component (which is equivalent to saying if the impedance angle is less than or greater than 45 degrees (in magnitude).

shteii01

Joined Feb 19, 2010
About the only criteria that would make sense, in the lack of anything specific, would be if the resistive component is more or less than the reactive component (which is equivalent to saying if the impedance angle is less than or greater than 45 degrees (in magnitude).
So find total impedance of the circuit, it will be complex value, find the angle from the complex value?