rascal mobility scooter 260 LE

cath

Joined Aug 12, 2011
HI. I am looking for a electric circuit for a rascal mob scooter 260 LE. can anyone help. thanks. I would be grateful for any info a.s.a.p. thanks.

Last edited:

debe

Joined Sep 21, 2010
You will be lucky to find a circuit for a mobility scooter. Only options are replacement boards, or if you can try & fix it with out circuit diagrams. You havent given any reasons why you need it or whats wrong?

iONic

Joined Nov 16, 2007
cath,
I'm going to reiterate what debe just said. Anything having to do with medical equipment is a very propitiatory and "closed-lipped" group. Schematics are impossible to get your hands on unless you know someone inside the business and they would be risking their job by offering it to you.

Describe your needs and we can offer what assistance we can.

cath

Joined Aug 12, 2011
PROBLEMS. 1. No drive.
2. Control box replaced with new. 3.wig wag control replaced new. Wheels will drive when 12v is applied direct. Wireing seems ok. Can you suggest possible test. Thanks for the info so far.

iONic

Joined Nov 16, 2007
PROBLEMS.
1. No drive.
2. Control box replaced with new.
3.wig wag control replaced new. Wheels will drive when 12v is applied direct. Wireing seems ok.
Can you suggest possible test. Thanks for the info so far.
Does this scooter require 24V?
Describe what happens when you try to run the scooter? Does it make any noise? Any relay sounds? Have you tried a different
set of batteries? Are you sure the brake lever is in the correct position for operation, if not the scooter will just sit there doing nothing.

Last edited:

cath

Joined Aug 12, 2011
The scooter requires 12v. when i try to run it there is no noise. no relay sounds. the batteries are new. The lights, horn, bleepers, all work. just not getting power? the brake lever is in correct position. Motor operates & electric brake is released when 12v is applied direct to motor.

iONic

Joined Nov 16, 2007
The scooter requires 12v. when i try to run it there is no noise. no relay sounds. the batteries are new. The lights, horn, bleepers, all work. just not getting power? the brake lever is in correct position.
O.K. so power goes to the controller box which distributes power and drive signalling to the panel on your handle bars everything there works except the accelerator pot(the forward/reverse control) Yes?
That pot or hall-effects-sensor returns a signal to the controller box and tell the motor to go and what direction.

Did you assure all connector were snug?

Motor operates & electric brake is released when 12v is applied direct to motor.
Do you mean that you are connecting the battery directly to the motor, making it run or that the motor runs and the wheels do not turn when connected up in the normal way?

If the former, then the controller is not getting a signal from the pot, or a sensor that allows or disallows the scooter to run is bad or not being made.
Or something else in the controller box itself.

How did the problem surface...any progression in symptoms?

debe

Joined Sep 21, 2010
Generaly it helps to post good sharp pictures of both sides of any circuit boards & parts, otherwise were only guessing at what you are actualy working on. Especialy as there are no circuits avalable.

cath

Joined Aug 12, 2011
The scooter stopped suddenly. Then it went forward then reverse rapidly. Then lost drive power. I have new batteries, I have replaced the wig wag controler, & the electric control box. Checked all the wireing, Checked the free wheel brake at the rear. All the lights work. Just no drive?

cath

Joined Aug 12, 2011
Generaly it helps to post good sharp pictures of both sides of any circuit boards & parts, otherwise were only guessing at what you are actualy working on. Especialy as there are no circuits avalable.
Only wireing circuit is required. The printed circuit as been replaced new in the control box.

tom66

Joined May 9, 2009
Any voltage at all appearing across the motor when the scooter is commanded to move forward?

Can we have a pic of the board... I am thinking a bad MOSFET or diode somewhere and I need to get bearings on its architecture.

cath

Joined Aug 12, 2011
Any voltage at all appearing across the motor when the scooter is commanded to move forward?

Can we have a pic of the board... I am thinking a bad MOSFET or diode somewhere and I need to get bearings on its architecture.
It is a brand new control box. There is no voltage across the motor when commanded to move forward.

debe

Joined Sep 21, 2010
The scooter stopped suddenly. Then it went forward then reverse rapidly. Then lost drive power. I have new batteries, I have replaced the wig wag controler, & the electric control box. Checked all the wireing, Checked the free wheel brake at the rear. All the lights work. Just no drive?
The bit "Then it went foreward then reverse rapidly. Then lost drive power" Could very well be the point at which the new board has been damaged. Are the motors using a H bridge or relays to drive the motors Fwd/Rev? The only way you are going to get a circuit is draw it up your self.

cath

Joined Aug 12, 2011
The bit "Then it went foreward then reverse rapidly. Then lost drive power" Could very well be the point at which the new board has been damaged. Are the motors using a H bridge or relays to drive the motors Fwd/Rev? The only way you are going to get a circuit is draw it up your self.
The control box was replaced after it lost drive. dont no if the H bridge or relays drive the motors Fwd/rev? a bit to technical for me?

debe

Joined Sep 21, 2010
Thats the reason for pictures of both sides of the circuit board. otherwise we have no idea what we are dealing with. Getting very late for me in this part of the world.