rainfall sensor

milee

Joined Sep 20, 2007
hey i am going to work on the rainfall sensor for my circuit project and would like to ask u ppl to suggest me to complete the circuit....
as far as i know i need the equipments like adapter, sensor, connecting circuits, buckets and so on...
Now i would like to know what should i have to do make the circuit the complete one.
If you have an idea then please do post in my topic.
Thanking you,
milee

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
The tipping bucket usually moves a magnet by a reed relay, so you get a completed circuit through the reed every increment of rainfall. Use the reed to pull a line low, and any logic can respond to it.

Gadget

Joined Jan 10, 2006
most of the designs Ive seen use something like a plastic teaspoon as the tipping bucket with a funnel setup directing rain into the tipper. Obviously the tip rate will be determined not just by rainfall, but also the capture area of the funnel, the size of the teaspoon, and the pivot point of the spoon. Some calibration would be necessary.

milee

Joined Sep 20, 2007
thanks for the reply but i would like to know more about the complete circuit diagram...therefore i would be glad to hear more about the diagram...

Voltboy

Joined Jan 10, 2007
It depends on what you want it to do. It could flash LED's, it could sound an alarm or maybe it could turn on a pump.

thingmaker3

Joined May 16, 2005
Beenthere already described how the bucket works. That signal gets fed to a counter. Pretty much all there is to it. The hard part is calibrating the bucket - there are no schematics for that. Patience and diligence are the only things for it.