Radio Transmitter design

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
You're going to have to get a license from the FCC before you can power up the transmitter. They will have to pass on the design as well as granting you the license.

garry.owens

Joined Dec 17, 2008
you have to explain what this is meent for what frequency you whant and that power do you intend to use valves but legally i need to know what the intended use of this power is before i can help any further that is a lot of power and can do a lot of harm to a lot of peple

garry.owens

Joined Dec 17, 2008
you have to explain what this is meent for. what frequency you want. and that power do you intend to use valves. but legally i need to know what the intended use of this power is before i can help any further. that is a lot of power and can do a lot of harm to a lot of peple

kayusbrown

Joined Jan 13, 2009
I'm a final year student in a Polytechnic in Nigeria and I intend to design and construct a Transmitter for my final year project. It is not a neccessity that the total output power should be up to 1KW. All I need is a long range of transmission say about 5km. If the project is successful, a licence will be obtained from Nigeria Communications Comission befor it is put to use in the polytechnic.

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

In my PM I found this message:
Thanks for your reply. I intend to design and construct a long range FM Transmitter as my final year project. I'm a final year student in Nigerian Polytechnic. The project when successfuly completed would be used for broadcasting within the campus and its environs so I need a range of about 5km. A license will be obtained from the Nigerian Communications Commission before it is put into operation. The transmitting frequency can be any value between 88-108MHz but not 100.5MHz. I will appreciate any assistance.
I think that 5 - 10 wats will be more than enough.
For stability a crystal or PLL system will be OK.

Greetings,
Bertus