Radio Signal

danics

Joined Feb 27, 2010
Hi every body i want send my information in text files from one computer with a (walkie talkie) GM300 Motorola radio and i want to know how i can send a byte with radio signal and receive that signal with another radio or chip or anything you suggests that is connect to another computer and create that text file with a application that i want create. please help me and answer this questions:
1. Do i send bytes with radio signals with a rs232 cable that is connect from computer to GM300 for example?
2. How can i create a application that programming GM300 Motorola radio?

3. are there any chip that receive a radio signal and create a output for rs232 cable?

i m new in this forum please help me.

rjenkins

Joined Nov 6, 2005
Look up FSK or AFSK.

Basically the two level logic signal is converted to two audio tones, one for a low level and the other for a high level.

That is simply sent over the radioo link.

At the other end, the audio is taken from the headphone socket, the two tones are detected and converted back to either a low or high audio level.

It's one of the standard techniques for sending data, also the method that old computers used to load and save programs to cassette tapes..

MMcLaren

Joined Feb 14, 2010
I agree with rjenkins but would recommend downloading and using free PSK31 software which uses the sound card in your PC (at both ends of the radio link) to encode and decode the PSK31 audio which you can send and receive through the radios Mic' and speaker.

Regards, Mike

danics

Joined Feb 27, 2010
Thank u for your replies!

i am a Computer Science student and i dont now very much about signaling or radio signal,So thanks your suggestion is very usefully if i have any trouble to create a hardware solution for converting this audio frequencies to a rs232 protocol then i contact you again thank you very much!