Radio interferance on P.A.

RCrew

Joined Feb 4, 2009
We have phone system that has a jack to plug in a P A amp, so we can send a page through our phone intercom that come through the loud speakers in our ware house. Recently we have been picking up a radio station playing through the loud speakers. I have isolated it to the wire that connects the phone systen to amp of the P.A. The Wire has a RJ 11 connector on the phone system end and RCA on the end that goes into the amp. What can I do to stop this interference?

KL7AJ

Joined Nov 4, 2008
We have phone system that has a jack to plug in a P A amp, so we can send a page through our phone intercom that come through the loud speakers in our ware house. Recently we have been picking up a radio station playing through the loud speakers. I have isolated it to the wire that connects the phone systen to amp of the P.A. The Wire has a RJ 11 connector on the phone system end and RCA on the end that goes into the amp. What can I do to stop this interference?

Put a few ferrite beads around the cable, or wrap it around a ferrite rod a few times.

eric