R.V.R. Transmitter

redon

Joined Feb 11, 2014
Hello everybody, greetings to all.
Would you be so kind and let me know a bit more about the Expansion of modulation meter scale!? I got a PTRL-NV PTRL-NV/HP - RVR transmitter but as much as I can understand when the scale goes up to Red Led the sound quality doesn't seem fine. High Pitch of the song gets noisy.

antonv

Joined Nov 27, 2012
The meter seems to have two ranges, 0-10% and 0-100%.

If you exceed 100% modulation then your audio signal will become distorted as you are experiencing. Your are forcing circuits past their limits.

How much do you understand about modulators?

redon

Joined Feb 11, 2014
Hello Anton. I'm very sorry for this delay on reply, I've been busy with my radio station a lot. Thank you very much for the reply. I managed to balance the EQ on both RVR (Receiver and Encoder). Stereo Encoder sends fine signal now with RVR on the range from 0-90%. I have a Yamaha O1V 96 Mixer and I'm struggling now with O1V 96 Compressors a bit. Found a nice Soft/Limiter for winamp, but the problem being now is when I play from external players, even though I've put Limiter on yamaha, the song gets distorted on a letter 'S'. Everything is smooth, EQ balanced perfect, 2TR output of O1V96 is at -6db max but there's this high tone that gets distorted now and than. I got a clue now with modulators but I guess I'm still a rookie when it comes to EQ-ing it. What should I do more to avoid this 'sss' noise on a song, mic and so forth. Thank you again.

redon

Joined Feb 11, 2014
Thank you for the link, very educational for my status.
I've tried to set the EQ on individual channels on 01V96, High and Mid-high to the point that I realized they have absolutely no effect on correcting the clicking 'S' on a word, song, mic etc. (ex: diScuSSion. note the capital S is the click, clip, distortion). Strange enough, the Soft/Limiter on Winamp has a better result. I've lowered 16k/-6db, 14k/-4db, 12k/-2db for better dynamics on FM. I have a fine CD sound now on 88.0 Mhz. This makes me think the O1V96 lacks a good compressor, OR there's something fishy with the transmitters that i don't get it.

I don't have additional gear between the mixer and the transmitter. 2TR Output O1V96 -> Stereo Encoder Vivaldi DB -> RVR

Last edited: