R.I.P. Former President George H.W. Bush

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
It's still mainly fuel over a normal training mission that the pilots need to stay in flight status anyway. He earned it for a lifetime of service.

We booted a king out of the country long ago. Sorry but I think we treat our presidents too much like kings. Its the whole presidential library thing too. Much of it is funded by private donors true but some of it comes from the taxpayer.

Plenty of people in this country that have given far more yet they die unnoticed, no fly overs, no libraries. Just a headstone.

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
Just a headstone.
and some, not even that ... yet, I think it's a valid thing when society shows its respect by performing public acts of recognition for public figures that had a positive influence. People need to learn through the life example of others. Not just to inspire them, but to actually know and have the certainty that aiming high, and pursuing virtue are things that in the long run yield positive results. That's something that is good for all people, even for those of us who might end our days resting in an unmarked grave ... our accomplishments unrecognized by none but God himself.

MrAl

Joined Jun 17, 2014
If there is one thing we can learn from this funeral, that is while you are alive, behave the way you want them to speak of you after you are dead.
Hi,

I would believe that but i have seen the other side comment badly about H.W. for at least a whole paragraph, then at the end say, "Oh yeah, BTW, he died."

He was against PC-ness, and now we see PETA kicking their nutty ideas in too like instead of "Kill two birds with one stone" they want to force us to change that to "Feed two birds with one scone". It's kind of funny actually :)

MrAl

Joined Jun 17, 2014
When he was an active president I was not a fan, But I believe he was a man of honor, Disrespect for the deceased is not appropriate and will be moderated.
Hi,

That sounds like a good policy Wendy.
I know other people who feel the same way you do about him, but i like to remind that it was either him or 'the other guy' who was pro abortion and in my church at the time (and most likely still) abortion was a major issue.

RIP Mr Bush and Wife.