Questioning about RF transmitter and receiver

supar

Joined May 3, 2013
2 x RF transmitter 433 MHz

2 x RF receiver 433 MHz

How I need to avoid these 2 set of RF transmitter & receiver from conflict each other? Let's say (RF transmitter and receiver set 1) won't interfere (RF transmitter and receiver set 2)? Please help me

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Have them operate on different frequencies within the band of interest, or separate them by a suitable distance for their power levels.

nerdegutta

Joined Dec 15, 2009
Since nothing else is specified, I took for granted that you are talking about these:

433 Mhz

You can then separate them in the uC's software.

If these are not what you mean, then you need to specify what type/model with datasheet.

supar

Joined May 3, 2013
yaya, im planning to use components similar to that. my idea is use them with 8-bit address encoder/decoder, that mean after i set the address bit for (transmitter and receiver set 1) to let say 10000001, then it will not interfere with (transmitter and receiver set 2) with address bit 01100110? izzit correct?

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
What you are talking about is known as Medium Access Control, or MAC, and there are many ways to go about it. It is pointless to talk about specifics until you provide information about the capabilities of the hardware you are using.

In general, setting an ID code will not help to prevent RF interference unless the ID code is somehow used in the MAC protocol (which includes being used to establish a hop sequence of spreading code for a spread spectrum system).