Question Regarding Transferring a PCB to Perfboard

Videodrome

Joined Nov 12, 2009
So im gonna start my little project today to repair a blown circuit by building a replacement and i have a few questions. first one is, while slightly widening a perfboard hole to accomidate 2 legs to fit, the copper ring around the hole detached, about 80 percent of it came off. while i was able to make the connection and the solder adhere to the copperless hole, i was still wondering if this would cause any problems? the next one regards traces on perfboard. referencing the photo below, all the copper tracings exposed and not covered in solder on the circuit below would be replaced by actual solder acting as the trace if built on perfboard correct?

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
If that is the only side with traces, with the number of unused pins, it should be OK to build that with perfboard.

From the looks of it, getting the version that has the three connected dots coming out from the center channel (like a solderless breadboard) from Radio Shack would work and save a bit of time. You can use an XActo knife to cut the traces that shouldn't connect, and laying down bus wire and solder is easier with the copper tracks.