Question about LEDs Voltage and Current

italo

Joined Nov 20, 2005
For 10 pluss LEDS a lm117 does not exists that can take the input voltage. If the voltage source is pretty much constant you do not need a lm117 regulator just a resistor. will do it.For that many LEDS it means off the main power 3vx50=150v dc. asume a big cap to bring it to 120v x1.41=169v dc minus some diodes drops. and that is ideal. The design is marginal with 50 leds And from your Lm117 design i suggest that you don't try something like this for obvious reasons allready point out to you.

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
For 10 pluss LEDS a lm117 does not exists that can take the input voltage. If the voltage source is pretty much constant you do not need a lm117 regulator just a resistor. will do it.For that many LEDS it means off the main power 3vx50=150v dc. asume a big cap to bring it to 120v x1.41=169v dc minus some diodes drops. and that is ideal. The design is marginal with 50 leds And from your Lm117 design i suggest that you don't try something like this for obvious reasons allready point out to you.
Italo, are you drinking or taking heavy medications?

The only thing you got right in your post is that the original poster wants to power LEDs.

Flynnguy, ignore italo's input. I don't know what they're trying to accomplish, but it's certainly counterproductive.