pwm to control solenoid

macataq

Joined Sep 15, 2007
hi
i have been searching for several days now trying to find a circuit to control a solenoid using PWM. i have something that is close, i need to know what modifications i would have to make to it to meet my needs. i have attached a pdf of the kit i am looking at
my application requires only a 3 amp max and a frequency of 10hz
i am trying to control the on/off time of the solenoid based on a output voltage of an 02 sensor
of between 0-1 volts.
any advice would be appreciated
thanx
Mac

Attachments

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
Why would you use PWM for the solenoid? or Is there a reason you want to use PWM rather than constant current?

also that circuit has no values on the schematic. You wouldnt know to use a 1k resistor or a 1M resistor.. or if was a 1 at all.

If this is for vehicle modification, we cant help. What are you using the O2 sensor for?

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
Hello Mac,

I'm sorry, but after long and careful consideration by the Board staff members, a decision was recently made to prohibit all discussions of motor vehicle related projects on this board.

This is due to the real safety hazards and potential legal issues that may be involved when people who were not specifically trained as automotive electrical engineers make recommendations for people who are not specifically trained and certified to build and install automotive-type projects.

The only recommendation that we can make is to have your motor vehicle professionally maintained just as it was originally configured when delivered by the dealer, as at that time it was in compliance with all safety, transportation department regulations and emissions laws.

This policy may sound a bit over-restrictive, but it was the only logical decision that could be arrived at. I am not a member of the staff here, but I wholeheartedly agree with their decision.

macataq

Joined Sep 15, 2007
hello
i was unaware that it was the policy of the forum not to address automotive issues/projects.
i respectfully request the moderators/administrators remove my original post. i will seek
advice elsewhere for this project, but i intend to continue reading this forum, as i have learned quite a bit from the pages here.
apologies once again.
Mac