PWM required for Inverter....

RRITESH KAKKAR

Joined Jun 29, 2010
HI,

I have made Inverter using 600VA transformer of Center type using SG3524 PWM controller with feedback....it was working fine.

Now i am trying to make PWM using PIC16F877A so, i need your suggestion that two channel of PWM should be used or any good suggestion i need from you.......
Using uC for inverter with feedback for voltage and freq regulation what to do??

ActivePower

Joined Mar 15, 2012
To use a microcontroller in the driver circuit you'd need some form of gate driver as the current from the uC pins isn't high enough to drive the MOSFET's gate capacitance (assuming you have a MOSFET H-bridge inverter). In a course project, we're using the IR2110 gate driver for this.

I am not very sure about the output voltage feedback. But you could use a simple resistor divider network for feeding back a fraction of the output voltage back to the controller's ADC. Anyways, I'm sure you'd find someone experienced here to advise you in this matter.

Hope this helps.

Edit: A quick Google search led me to this thread: http://www.avrfreaks.net/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&p=301844

Last edited:

RRITESH KAKKAR

Joined Jun 29, 2010
To use a micro controller in the driver circuit you'd need some form of gate driver as the current from the uC pins isn't high enough to drive the MOSFET's gate capacitance (assuming you have a MOSFET H-bridge inverter). In a course project, we're using the IR2110 gate driver for this.
I am using Push pull configuration so, no need of H BRIDGES driver....
somebody suggest me to use look up table and interrupt ..

RRITESH KAKKAR

Joined Jun 29, 2010
Hi,

How to do this??

Have a look-up table of the first 180° of a sine wave. These values will be fed to the PWM module as duty cycle.