pwm controller

bruno

Joined Nov 25, 2004
gentlemen,

I am rather new in the electronics. I have build a scale model P51 mustang scale 1/144. I have added an electrical motor. This motor is coming from a GSM ( vibra motor). The motor is powered by a 1.5 volt AA battery.
I would like to control the speed of the motor (to have a scale effect) the idea is to use a 555 ic as a base for a pwm control. Now my question: aal the scematisch I can find on the net uses electrical motor powered on 12 volts; (the powerscource for the motor and the ic is the same)
voltage pulses on the schematic I have found is controlled by a MOSFET (BUZ11 or NTE2389).
How can I control the speed of my 1.5 volt motor?
I add my schematic

Thank you

Bruno Vanclee

mozikluv

Joined Jan 22, 2004
hi

how much are you going to supply your control device. if am not mistaken the 555 can operate only as low as 3v. with 1.5v it wont function.

you still have to add another device in order you can fully control the speed. :)

bruno

Joined Nov 25, 2004
Originally posted by mozikluv@Nov 26 2004, 05:20 AM
hi

how much are you going to supply your control device. if am not mistaken the 555 can operate only as low as 3v. with 1.5v it wont function.

you still have to add another device in order you can fully control the speed. :)
[post=3796]Quoted post[/post]​
I KNOW, I would like to use a battery of 9V for the 555 and a battery of 1.5V for the engine.
Can i replace the mostfet with an optocouple?

Bruno

bruno

Joined Nov 25, 2004
thanks I will try,

Bruno
Originally posted by mozikluv@Nov 27 2004, 03:33 AM
hi,

yes you can or you can even use an ordinary TO-92 transistor as long as it can handle the current draw of your motor. :)
[post=3814]Quoted post[/post]​