Pure sine wave inverter

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffwong

Joined Jul 19, 2009
I have a Pure Sine Wave Inverter design circuit diagram, but the output is too small, which is 120Vac from 12Vdc input.My desire output is 240Vac from 12Vdc input. Please give me some advice that how i can modify the circuit to increase the output voltage ?
The supply voltage to the Mosfet(VDD) is 170Vdc, this make me difficult because the power supply input to the inverter is only 12Vdc. What can i do so that i can supply 12Vdc instead of 170Vdc to the Mosfet?
Attact with the circuit desig diagram.

Thanks........

Attachments

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
The inverter's output will have to be applied to a transformer for the output voltage increase. For a 240 volt output, the transformer will have a greater number of turns in the secondary than a transformer that gives a 120 VAC output.

Are you aware that the power out of an inverter is a product of voltage and current? That same power must be driven in the transformer input from those 12 volt batteries. For a 1000 watt output and no losses (not possible), the batteries must supply 83.3 amps of current.

For a square wave inverter, the drivers can be switched very quickly so they do not heat. For a sine wave inverter, the ohmic heating becomes a major problem. That means more drivers in parallel, huge heat sinks, and, probably, fans to control the waste heat.

I am not sure what your circuit will do - it is too small to read.

millwood

Joined Dec 31, 1969
with that particular topology, your output is limited to Vdd. if you want higher output voltage, you should look for a different topology, for example, flyback.

with a flyback, you can power both Vcc / Vdd from 12v and output 240v.

jeffwong

Joined Jul 19, 2009
Im not like to use transformer, i would like to modify the circuit design. What can i do in this circuit design to increase the output voltage from 120Vac to 240Vac output?
The inverter will use in household, mostly will use car battery to supply the 12Vdc to the inverter.
If i want to increase the output voltage, am i need to incease the supply voltage to the Mosfet(VDD) ?
What software have the Mosfet Driver component so that i can do simulation?

jeffwong

Joined Jul 19, 2009
Dear millwood:
What is flyback?
Is that one type of Inverte. Could you send me a circuit diagram to me?

Thanks.......

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Dear Bill_Marsden:
Izit the circuit diagram very blur?
No, the schematic is quite good. But when I trace something like that I start from my left and go right. Most schematics do. Going up and down feels unnatural. It's a personal preference, but one shared by many people.

ezeebube

Joined Oct 22, 2009
Hey guys,considering the schematic posted by Jeffwong,how can this circuit be connected to a transformer?Will the two outlets from the two IR2110 ICs be used as signals to Mosfets?(I'm considering how it is done in a square wave version)Do you think that this diagram is perfect?Please i need your answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.