pulse width modulated voltage controller for solar panels

twister007

Joined Feb 29, 2012
I am building a solar panel pulse width modulated voltage regulator to control the charge to my batteries. I am wondering what frequency to use?

THE_RB

Joined Feb 11, 2008
Sorry this is not what you asked, but have a look on ebay, it is full of cheap $20 solar panel controllers, and many are quite nice with displays etc. You couldn't build one for that price.

twister007

Joined Feb 29, 2012
Sorry this is not what you asked, but have a look on ebay, it is full of cheap $20 solar panel controllers, and many are quite nice with displays etc. You couldn't build one for that price.
It's a sad day when parts cost more than the finished product. Electronic parts sellers are getting filthy rich.
It's a sad day when slave labor is used to make people filthy rich.
It's a sad day when nobody wants to build anything anymore.
It's a sad day when nobody wants to help anymore.

THE_RB

Joined Feb 11, 2008
That's a little harsh, I've spent a big chunk of my life "building things" and helping others build things. My reply was offering good advice, that you could easily buy something to the do the job for you.

If you are determined to build one I respect that too, and suggest that you post some details of panel and battery type and info on your level of experience and tools so that people may find it easier to help you. :)

anotheruser1

Joined Dec 6, 2011
I own a 20 amp solar charger from ebay, I paid somewhere around $25 shipping and all. It works great so far, and for the price I didn't see trying to build one.