PT2264 (or equivalent) issue

kgstewar

Joined Apr 5, 2012
I picked up one of these little 12-channel 433 RF remotes from eBay. Works great and now I want to try building my own transmitter so that I can make a slick push-button box. The transmitter uses the PT2264 (which seems very similar to the Holtek HT12E) as the encoder. This is advertised as having 4 data inputs yet my remote has 12 push buttons. The example schematics show only one push-button per data-in pin, so does anyone know how this chip can be controlled by 12 different push buttons? Are more combinations achieved by having a fifth push button, say, make two of the data pins go high simultaneously? Should I think about the data inputs as basically being 4-bit binary?

Thanks!

Attachments

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
I picked up one of these little 12-channel 433 RF remotes from eBay. Works great and now I want to try building my own transmitter so that I can make a slick push-button box. The transmitter uses the PT2264 (which seems very similar to the Holtek HT12E) as the encoder. This is advertised as having 4 data inputs yet my remote has 12 push buttons. The example schematics show only one push-button per data-in pin, so does anyone know how this chip can be controlled by 12 different push buttons? Are more combinations achieved by having a fifth push button, say, make two of the data pins go high simultaneously? Should I think about the data inputs as basically being 4-bit binary?

Thanks!
Lookup keypad matrix. Also consult your datasheet.

kgstewar

Joined Apr 5, 2012
Ok, I think my instincts were correct. Four data pins can give you 16 separate data inputs. So this chip would support up to 16 buttons.