PT100 to 0-10V analog input

kop

Joined Oct 19, 2007
Can anyone help me make a circuit, so as I can connect a 2-wire Pt100 to an 0-10V analog input or to a 24V digital input (with a ADC circuit) of a plc???
Sorry for my engish...!

kop

Joined Oct 19, 2007
Right SgtWookie! I'm talking about PT100 Platinum Resistance Thermometer.
Can anyone help make a circuit (transmitter or tranducer), so as I can connect a pt100 to an 0-10V analog input or a 24V digital input of a plc?

kop

Joined Oct 19, 2007
Thank you very much beenthere, but can you help me more please?
Which of this circuits converts the calibration of pt100 to 0-10V?

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
None of those do, as shown. You would have to add another amplifier stage.

Start with figure 4 on that page. Add another op amp from the output. Use appropriate components to get the gain you need to scale the range you want to measure to values reading 0-10v. Read the documentation for the op amp you're going to use.

kop

Joined Oct 19, 2007
Can you help me a little bit more please...?
What is your opinion for this beenthere....?
Thank you for your replies guys!

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
How can we help you? You haven't given us the temp range that you want to measure.

That's going to greatly affect the design of the amplifier stage.

thingmaker3

Joined May 16, 2005
Calculate minimum and maximum Vout from your MAX4236 based on the temperature range you choose. Compare this to the output range you choose in order to know the gain and offset (if any) of the additional amp stage.

Right now there are four possibilities based on what you have told us so far. You need to narrow the field by choosing your requirements.

kop

Joined Oct 19, 2007
Thank you thingmaker3! Can you help me a little bit more please? Which mathematic types should I use in order to make the choice of resistances?

kop

Joined Oct 19, 2007
I must change the resistances in the following circuit so as I can have Vout=0-10V. I must change Vin=12V too! Any idea?

kop

Joined Oct 19, 2007
The temperature range that I want to measure, is between -100 Celcius degrees and 200 Celcius degrees. The following circuit gives 0.97V-2.97V Vout, with 5V input.
If i change the input to 12V, will i have bigger output than the output that gives the circuit with 5V input?
I have one more problem too. I can't find MAX4236 at the stores to buy. They told me that they don't have maxim's amplifiers. Can you give me a type from another amplifier that can helps?
Sorry for my english!

thingmaker3

Joined May 16, 2005
Using the formula supplied by Maxim in the link provided by Beenthere, we see that o/p is directly proportional to V1. If V1 is changed from 5v to 12v then Vout will change from 0.97V-2.97V to 2.33V-7.13. This would be in the 0-10V range you specified as i/p for your PLC. For a wider range of Vout with 12v as V1, alter the values in the formula supplied in the link.

Instead of playing guessing games with what components you can get locally, why don't you choose either of these options:
1) order the Maxim amp online, or
2) let us know what amps you have access to.