Folks,
I dont understand SCRs very well. Thats why Im posting to this thread, you guys are well-versed at SCRs. Im simulating a circuit that will be generating high-voltage pulses sharp negative spikes from 100V to 0V and recharge back. Unfortunately, I can explain the simulation results that Im getting:
* The red trace is the output. The green trace is the gate of the SCR. Why the output doesnt fall at the first gate pulse?
* Why the output falls to 40V instead of all the way down to 0.7V?
* What could be the cause of these problems?
* Am I using the wrong component for the SCR?
Any enlightenment would be appreciated!
Thanks,
- Nick
I dont understand SCRs very well. Thats why Im posting to this thread, you guys are well-versed at SCRs. Im simulating a circuit that will be generating high-voltage pulses sharp negative spikes from 100V to 0V and recharge back. Unfortunately, I can explain the simulation results that Im getting:
* The red trace is the output. The green trace is the gate of the SCR. Why the output doesnt fall at the first gate pulse?
* Why the output falls to 40V instead of all the way down to 0.7V?
* What could be the cause of these problems?
* Am I using the wrong component for the SCR?
Any enlightenment would be appreciated!
Thanks,
- Nick