Pspice Schematic Diode Errors

alannia

Joined Nov 8, 2009
Hi, I'm trying to run a simulation for a half-wave rectifier, because when I had tested it a few days ago, I was getting a DC voltage of 11V from a 4.3V input. This is quite strange because theoretically Vout = -Vin, so I'm trying to figure out why my circuit is mysteriously amplifying my Vin.

Unfortunately when I try to run the simulation I'm getting the errors 'Attribute Part D has no "MODEL" attribute'. Here is my Pspice schematic for my half-wave rectifier - View attachment Rectifier.cir.sch.

I'm guessing I'm suppose to double click the diodes in my schematic and edit the attributes but how do I set them up as 1N4004, which are the diodes I'm using in my circuit?

Ghar

Joined Mar 8, 2010
What program exactly are you using?

Anyway, it means you didn't assign a model to the diode.
You're trying to use the default, 'D'.

You could try putting in '1N4004' instead of D but that will only work if you happen to have that model. Usually you get the 1N4148 by default so you could try that.

alannia

Joined Nov 8, 2009
I'm using PSpice Schematics. I tried changing the default 'PART=D' to 'PART=1N4004' but didn't work, error message says "This attribute is not changeable from the schematic editor." Also got the same error message from PART=1N4148.

alannia

Joined Nov 8, 2009
I am able to open that file and see the schematic, but when I try to simulate it I get the error message "Cannot open file: Aktywny prostownik2.stl".

alannia

Joined Nov 8, 2009
Both files simulates without error now. Thank you very much for making that recitfier.cir.sch work now. May I ask how you were able to set the opamp as LM324? As I would like to try changing it to LM741.

Edit: I'm using PSpice Schematics version 9.1, part of PSpice Student. And I've downloaded the LM741.MOD file, but not sure how I add it to the Get New Part library.

Actually, does anyone know if PSpice Schematics' 'opamp' part is usable as LM741? Because I noticed that even when I replaced the LM324 model in Jony130's Rectifier.cir.sch file, it still gives the same simulation.

Last edited: