pspice projects

Lubna

Joined May 5, 2013
can anyone please suggest some topics for projects in pspice? i had a pspice lab this sem and wish to make my b.tech 4th year project in this domain. thank you

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
You're not getting feedback because your question is too vague. The answer could be anything, but the better answers depend on what you are interested in and what you'll be motivated to work on.

Communication? Alternative energy? Computers? Sensors? Music and audio? There are all sorts of - indeed infinite - choices. What sounds interesting?

Lubna

Joined May 5, 2013
actually i want to work in electronics but any suggestions from the field of communication would be welcome as well. any sort of modifications in existing projects that have otas, filters, current mirrors and all sorts of electronic components, those that have real time applications. i have just done some simple circuit simulations and thats all, so i am not a major in pspice but want to learn.

tindel

Joined Sep 16, 2012
I would urge you not to do a senior project just using spice. Spice is just a tool. A spice heavy design is okay, but I really urge you to get into the lab and build something - this was requirement for my senior design project.

Spice heavy projects are mostly going to be model creation with lab verification and compare results. An accurate model can be handy in the real world because it can help you predict the operation of a circuit without going into the lab.

Just yesterday I was simulating an op-amp circuit and everything seemed to be working fine until I realized that I had 30V on the input of the op-amp (with 15V rails.) I would have blown the part right off of the card if I had implemented that design - but it worked fine in spice!

Spice is just a tool - it is best to verify things you do in spice on a lab bench and to back it up with mathematics.

tshuck

Joined Oct 18, 2012
+1, theory is sufficient for any task, until you try to do something with it.

You could, and rather should, design and simulate a design, then build it, and explain the discrepancies and why they exist. That is a great report in my book.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
You could, and rather should, design and simulate a design, then build it, and explain the discrepancies and why they exist. That is a great report in my book.
+1
I couldn't agree more. Too much focus on either end of the process, theory versus practical, misses important contributions. True knowledge is understanding the whole process end-to-end.

Lubna

Joined May 5, 2013
thank you all for your valuable suggestions.....well may be i'll design something and then simulate it with pspice. that probably would make for a good project, that is if my professors approve of such a thing.

ramancini8

Joined Jul 18, 2012
Look for a secondary effect such as an op amp ringing, a BJT that has over/under shoot, a diode rectifier that in not flat when on, etc., and learn how to model there effects in PSPICE. Otherwise, find some discrepancy between theory and fact, determine what causes it, and model it.