PS2 Keyboard Emulator need help

LostInSpace

Joined Mar 16, 2010
I have starte a project to emulate a ps2 keyboard

1. there most not be any software install on the pc at all

2. key press skut be random time

my first was build with a standart usb beyboard
with work with 8 key by 8 transistor controled by a PICAXE processor and it work very good

now i want to expand to use all key on the keyboard

to that i need a lot off Multiplexer & transístor

do any know a better idea

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
You might be better off using keyswitches arranged like a keyboard, and have the PICAXE poll for key press events and generate the correct codes to go to the host computer. This sounds a lot like reinventing the wheel.

LostInSpace

Joined Mar 16, 2010
You might be better off using keyswitches arranged like a keyboard, and have the PICAXE poll for key press events and generate the correct codes to go to the host computer. This sounds a lot like reinventing the wheel.
that mean a mecanic wheel turn around ?

i was thinking to build op a 3d circuit layout both it take very long time ;(

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
No, reinventing the wheel is a saying for 'Doing something that has already been done, and done well'

in other words, there is no need to re-do all of the work that keyboard designers have already done.

There are ICs that will take the your keypad signals and convert them to addresses and report them via USB. So you chip will recieve a &04f (not real) when a key is pressed.

So when the picaxe recieves the &04f it will convert it to a letter in software:

Rich (BB code):
If $keyinput = "&04f" then character$="R"
lcdout "R"

LostInSpace

Joined Mar 16, 2010
No, reinventing the wheel is a saying for 'Doing something that has already been done, and done well'

in other words, there is no need to re-do all of the work that keyboard designers have already done.

There are ICs that will take the your keypad signals and convert them to addresses and report them via USB. So you chip will recieve a &04f (not real) when a key is pressed.

So when the picaxe recieves the &04f it will convert it to a letter in software:

Rich (BB code):
If $keyinput = "&04f" then character$="R"
lcdout "R"

I use the PICAXE as controller chip where all the key sequence come from

and just 1 hours ago i find maybe the best solution for the project :)

http://radovan.org/EasyInput/index.htm