PS/2 Port Problem

Peter_England

Joined Jun 29, 2013
I am facing a PS/2 port problem on Intel DG31PR Motherboard how to trace the circuit problem ? please give some useful information .

Peter_England

Joined Jun 29, 2013
Thanks nerdegutta I have removed decoupling caps for Data line and Clock line but no luck actually num-lock toggles but no working of keyboard means not getting in bios settings or any keyboard activity i have checked with two keyboards so no keyboard fault itself . thanks .

nerdegutta

Joined Dec 15, 2009
Are you sure the keyboards work? Tried on another computer? Did this suddenly happen, or were you fiddling around? Have you tried hard resetting the motherboard?

sheldons

Joined Oct 26, 2011
have you checked the data lines are changing when a key is pressed .....you obviously have a fault where the keyboard control lines for whatever reason are not being read-is there a signal from the board to the keyboard key scan wise....

Peter_England

Joined Jun 29, 2013
No i am not an ex employee of any one of the companies you think. thanks. pls help me i am stuck at Intel DG31PR motherboard that i need to repair and give back to client. the rest motherboard is working good . please help.