Proximity Counter...With LCD Display

aq_rules

Joined Oct 28, 2009
I want such a counter which counts iron rods manufactured in my re-rolling mill.

Avg production in my factory is 3000 to 4000 iron rods(which are used in construction)

Now i want such an electronical circuit which will count the iron steel by a proximity sensor or infrared barrier..as the rods passes one by one from the machinery sensor will sense it and counts each rod and displays it on a 7 segment LCD which supports 4 digits i mean uptil 9999...

Plz Help Me In This..

I hope u guyz understood what em tryin to say..

Consider a lever switch, hall effect sensor, or laser break-beam circuit. Read up on those and how they could apply to this situation.

The accountant in me would recommend redundancy for accuracy, so I'd have three different sensors with three separate counters. It could have a common LCD display. When I say three counters, I mean one counter user file in a microcontroller per sensor. If using an 8 bit micro, you'll need one counter user file + 1 overflow counter per sensor.

If one or more sensors start not to match the others you could have it set off an alarm and the LCD could indicate what sensor isn't matching.

You will have to do more than just say what you need. Do you know anything about electronics?