Prove z, y, h, and t Parameters (two port networks)

staticd

Joined Sep 7, 2010
Congrats if you actually clicked on this.

Problem Statement:

My professor asked us to prove the subject parameters, along with the transformations.

What have I done?

So far, I have come up with the attached document.

What am I confused about?

Okay, I know I just basically copied the parameters from the book. I am just not sure how to prove something with a black box. Am I supposed to draw some resistors in parallel or series or something?

Attachments

Vahe

Joined Mar 3, 2011
Start from one set of parameters, say the y-parameters where the port voltages are the independent variables and the port currents are the dependent variables.
\(
I = YV
\)
So dependent variables = (2 port parameters)*dependent variables. Two ports will always be of this form. Now let's say you want to get to the z-parameters. In the z-parameters the port currents are the independent variables and the port voltages are the dependent variables. So can you transform the above variables to put it in the z-form? Yes
\(
Y^{-1}I=V \\
ZI=V
\)
So the Z and the Y are just inverses of each other. Take a look at the table you have from this point of view and you can start from any 2-port and transform to the other ones.

Cheers,
Vahe

staticd

Joined Sep 7, 2010
I think I got it.

Thanks for the help.

BTW, we are going to Chicago soon, any advice on where to stay? We are looking to enjoy downtown Chicago over the weekend. What are the must sees and the must eats and the must "stay at this place"?

!_!