Protection circuit/system to prevent electrocutions

trued

Joined May 6, 2014
I am interested is different system/circute/method which protect the human from electrocutions, so the system must be very simple (not based on microcontroller )and secure to protect the human if the current flow in the circuit are above the human tolerance level and system can either permanently fuse or temporary fused. Is there any similar system already?

RichardO

Joined May 4, 2013
Since many common circuits draw currents much greater than the current than is harmful to people, this is hard to do. I think the closest you are going to get is a Ground Fault Interrupter. Do a search on GFI.

profbuxton

Joined Feb 21, 2014
As answered, A GFI or as we know them, Residual Current Breakers. These devices are Circuit Breakers available in different current ratings and they operate as normally for a load connected between Active and Neutral via the RCB. The have an internal device which measures any imbalance between the Active and Neutral current and if it exceeds a set value the Breaker will trip.
In other words if there is any current "leakage" from the Active protected side which does not balance on the Neutral side ie: any leak to the safety ground via a fault or a human (or animal) the breaker will trip.
They are available in different "leakage" ratings, 30mA being the most used for General use and also 100mA for special use.
Note that they will NOT protect against getting caught ACROSS the Active and Neutral as there will not be a current imbalance but they will trip at the rated load current if it is an overload.

paulktreg

Joined Jun 2, 2008
RCB's and other safety devices like isolation transformers are all very well but perhaps look at the reasons why electrocution could happen and put measures into place to prevent it?

trued

Joined May 6, 2014
Hi thanks to everyone, but I am in need of low cost , simple and more stable low voltage conducting circute which are able to conduct eletricity till human tolerance level and interrupt the conductivity when there increase in voltage and current. Like battery protection circute in mobile battery and can I use pptc or equlent fuseable device.

NorthGuy

Joined Jun 28, 2014
Hi thanks to everyone, but I am in need of low cost , simple and more stable low voltage conducting circute which are able to conduct eletricity till human tolerance level and interrupt the conductivity when there increase in voltage and current. Like battery protection circute in mobile battery and can I use pptc or equlent fuseable device.
Does your system apply current to a human body during the normal operation, such as in electrotherapy? And you want this current to be limited to safe levels?

Or does it apply current to something else and you want to make sure that whatever you're applying current to is not a human body?

alfacliff

Joined Dec 13, 2013
the mose simple and cost effiecient system to prevent electrocutions is between your ears. learn proper safety procedures, and electrocution is very unlikely.