Propeller clock

lolmlol

Joined Oct 12, 2013
I want to make a propeller clock using 8085 microprocessor. Is it posible and if yes then can you just give me some hints about it. I have basic knowledge about C, C++ languages and an 8085 simulator.
It would be highly obliged if you help me.
Thank You.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
The Completed Projects Forum is for Completed Projects only. It is meant to allow members to show plans for projects they built so other members can duplicate them if desired. New threads are also automatically moderated per Moderator review for this reason. Your thread does not belong in this forum, and was moved here.

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
I want to make a propeller clock using 8085 microprocessor. Is it posible and if yes then can you just give me some hints about it. I have basic knowledge about C, C++ languages and an 8085 simulator.
It would be highly obliged if you help me.
Thank You.
If you want to do it the hard way. A functioning 8085 would be a difficult enough project.

Consider a mcu. Memory, peripherals everything you need in one package.

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
Why use a 8085. Is this some kind of a educational project;) Anyway in such a project a 8085 alone will not be enough. You will alone with RAM and ROM need a timer like 8254(INTEL) and perhaps some PIP IC like the 8255 (INTEL)

paulfjujo

Joined Mar 6, 2014
hello,

Did you allready decide the mechanical design ?
rotative or oscillant ?
Any years ago, i build a POV clock with a Voice coil of hard disqc
Mechanic Base is oscillant arm at resonnance frequency..
program in asm for a 16F876

also, a Program in VB6 (OK with XP) to test the Mechanical and leds on arm
with a texte displaying... use LPT port. to drive Voice coil and 8 leds

http://paulfjujo.free.fr/HAPR/HAPR_index.htm