Propblem with Avr USBasp !

MohamedSaa3d

Joined Feb 16, 2014
i made a new usbasp with ATmega8 and when i connect it to my lap and read it i got that error

" error: programm enable: target doesn't answer. 1 "

then i connected pin 25( slow clock) to GND and still not working :confused:

sirch2

Joined Jan 21, 2013
Did you use the latest firmware? What does the full verbose output from AvrDude say? Have you checked all your connections?

Have you checked all your connections again?

Have you checked all your connections one last time?

Last edited:
How did you program the Firmware to Atmega 8 microcontroller?? I think the firmware is not properly dumped into atmega 8..
post the schematic which you have used for avr usbasp

sirch2

Joined Jan 21, 2013
A quick google suggests that an atmega8 might have speed issues in this application but I guess that is why you are grounding Pin 25.

What version of the firmware? Have you checked all your connections for continuity?

sirch2

Joined Jan 21, 2013
So when you say it worked, did it actually program a chip or did avrdude just detect the presence of the programmer?

MohamedSaa3d

Joined Feb 16, 2014
when i connect the programmer to the laptop it's play a sound that mean usb is work but when i trying to burn a code the error appear but while i was trying to read it that's appear

then i burned a code

after a few minutes it's back again with error -_- !!

kubeek

Joined Sep 20, 2005
The last error shows that you are programming a different chip than the programmer is told to, but it should generally work.
If it sometimes works and sometimes not you got a bad connection somewhere, or way too long wires between the prorgrammer and the target chip, try staying less than 20-30cm.