proof for delta - wye conversion..

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Instead of just looking for someone else's work to copy, try proving it yourself based on your understanding of circuits and circuit analysis. If you can't, then that is a red flag that you need to go back and revist circuits and circuit analysis and improve your understanding.

Feel free to show your work here and we will be more than happy to help you along. But we won't just do it for you.

shubhamamp

Joined Jun 18, 2013
Instead of just looking for someone else's work to copy, try proving it yourself based on your understanding of circuits and circuit analysis. If you can't, then that is a red flag that you need to go back and revist circuits and circuit analysis and improve your understanding.

Feel free to show your work here and we will be more than happy to help you along. But we won't just do it for you.

please tell me how to proceed? i am a beginner & doesnt know how to proceed. just give me some hints that i can proceed myself

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Draw three loads, say R1, R2, and R3, in a delta-connected circuit and label the three terminal voltages V1, V2, V3 and the three terminal currents I1, I2, I3. Now daw three loads, say Z1, Z2, and Z3, in a wye-connected circuit and label the three terminal voltages and currents the same as the first. If the two circuits are equivalent, the terminal voltages and currents have to the be the same (which is why we used the same labels). So get the relationships between the Vs and the Is for each circuit and then set them equal to each other and reduce the results so that you have three equations giving you the Rs in terms of the Zs and a separate set of equations giving you the Zs in terms of the Rs.

shubhamamp

Joined Jun 18, 2013
Draw three loads, say R1, R2, and R3, in a delta-connected circuit and label the three terminal voltages V1, V2, V3 and the three terminal currents I1, I2, I3. Now daw three loads, say Z1, Z2, and Z3, in a wye-connected circuit and label the three terminal voltages and currents the same as the first. If the two circuits are equivalent, the terminal voltages and currents have to the be the same (which is why we used the same labels). So get the relationships between the Vs and the Is for each circuit and then set them equal to each other and reduce the results so that you have three equations giving you the Rs in terms of the Zs and a separate set of equations giving you the Zs in terms of the Rs.
thanks WBahn. & all others who helped me