projectile launcher with solenoid and neodymuim magnet

pepsico

Joined Mar 9, 2013
Hello gnetuys,
I am new here and I was working a projectile launcher for kids ,so please its not a missile launcher.So my first idea was to use springs for the launcher but I definitely came to see that kids cannot put such a spring.So I went on to design one with a solenoid inside the pvc pipe .But the solenoid will have a soft iron that will double its magnetism when an ac current flows through it.Also I was to use a neodymuim magnet at one end of the solenoid so that when the solenoid gets current it becomes magnetized with lets say a south pole at the end where there is the neodymuim magnet with a north pole ,and immediately the relay switches the current ,that solenoid end now becomes the north and hence repels the magnet since its also has a north pole .So the magnet hits a dodge ball.By the way it is an angry bird project ,so we will have a target but the target is already done.Its the launcher the main problem.My question is if the magnet will move very fast to hit a dodge ball.I heard those magnets are the strongest on earth but dont know if it can actually hit that ball.Please I need ideas

pepsico

Joined Mar 9, 2013
The only issue with that idea is that it will be outdoor and we will not have sufficient power to pressurize the pvc pipe