project using TDA7000

judpraise

Joined Aug 23, 2010
Hi everyone, am a newb here. pls could someone help me identify the five terminals in a variable coil. am building fm receiver for my project using TDA7000. the problem is that it doesnt receive any station despite the fact that there is fm noise. i think my problem is that of the variable coil and varicap. the one i saw in the market may not b ok. another problem is i dont even know whether these part are working or not. Pls i need help urgently as my project defence at hand.

judpraise

Joined Aug 23, 2010
I need help here. the 3 pin variable capacitor for tuning? what are the pin configuration. i want to sure i used it well in fm receiver, because it not working. i will like to know more about this components that have too many pin and how to use them, especially in RF

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
The TDA7000 has not been made for many years. It had very poor FM radio performance.
The TDA7000 was replaced by the TDA7088 that "scans" for a station and it also has terrible performance. I can buy a "radio" for $1.00 at The Dollar Store that has a TDA7088 IC in it.