Project topic suggestions needed!

xeroshady

Joined Aug 1, 2012
Hey guys, I need to design an analog circuit with some good practical application for a college 1st year project. No digital components should be used, stuff like speakers, microphones, OP-AMPS can be used. I had an idea of designing a light organ, but my professor told me it was too simple. Any other ideas for a not-too-simple-yet-not-too-complex project? :)

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
What general areas interest you? Alternative energy, music, communications, instrumentation, telemetry? You'll do a lot better if you're motivated by something you like.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Well, there are an awful lot of options for processing guitar effects, if that sounds interesting. It's a beaten path, so finding something novel might be tough. But the experimentation reported online is endless.

Someone posted here in the last few days wanting a bagpipe tuner. That's sort of novel.

xeroshady

Joined Aug 1, 2012
i need a guitar for a guitar effects processor and bagpipes for a bagpipe tuner, and unfortunately, i'm quite low on resources like that, can't afford to borrow stuff, since i'd be needing them for 4 months to finish the project.
forgive me, but... any other ideas?

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
You can process or generate tones without an actual instrument. I suppose you could even make yourself an instrument, like a synthesizer.