Project On Filters! Please help.

upaextreme

Joined Jan 21, 2013
I recently got this project on filters. I do not have make a rectifier circuit with shunt capacitor. What my teacher wants me to make is either a a.c. filter or a d.c. filter. What he wants is that the circuit should either be able to filter out the d.c. or a.c. component from a source "with mixed a.c. and d.c. input". Obviously, I am posting here because it has confused me a lot and deadline is soo near.
Points on which I need more info is on:
1.> How to obtain a source of mixed a.c. and d.c. components.
2.> How to make the filter ( remember without diodes ) if I want to obtain the d.c. output from the mixed source.
3.>How do I prove that the output is actually d.c. ?

Circuit Diagram will be highly appreciated.
And also please try to keep it as simple as possible, I am just a school student :)

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
I do not think you would be given this assignment without backing from classes and your books. And remember your friend Google. But anyway in this assignment will you be using only passive components (resistors,caps, inductors). Or some active components like OPAMPS and transistors

upaextreme

Joined Jan 21, 2013
Resistors, capacitors and inductors. I am also allowed to use a transformer. maybe LED bulb for showing successful conversion to dc? Can you please provide me with a circuit diagram for this task ?

upaextreme

Joined Jan 21, 2013
That is not going to happen. The role of AAC members is not to do students homework or projects for them. You have to show your work and diagrams and then we will assist you.
Okay sorry. I just drew a circuit which I thought will work. The part "AC and DC mixed input" confuses me the most. Please have a look at the circuit and say if it will work or not as per the function i want to perform.

http://postimage.org/image/862tt92lp/

Sorry for very bad drawing. Made it in paint :p