Project : Industrial Electronics

jhef_cute_11

Joined Nov 17, 2010
I am a 4th year ECE student here in the Philippines and
I am trying to formulate a project for our industrial electronics...

Minimum requirements are as follows :

> use SCR, Triac, and other 5 thyristor families
> can be useful in a specific field that may alleviate a problem ..

I am thinking to create a air purifier - taking carbon monoxide from the air due to the emission of the engines of the cars and convert it into something useful . .

Can someone help me how to start????

Or can somebody give me another great idea for our final project..

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
Just convert carbon monoxide to nitrogen. That would require a lot of electronics.

On the other hand, you could just burn it to make carbon dioxide. That would be much simpler.

Since you need to use 7 different devices, unless I misunderstood your specification, I would start with a list of all the potential devices. Maybe post it here.

John

jhef_cute_11

Joined Nov 17, 2010
john, what would be the easiest way to convert your carbon monoxide?

yeah, that would require a lot and i am a newbie . .
i am only 4th yr,.

what project or concept can you advice or prefer?

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
Before you can convert CO, you need to capture and concentrate it. I suspect the energy involved in doing that from atmospheric CO will exceed any yield from burning it.

Can you begin by listing the devices from which you must use at least seven?

John

KMoffett

Joined Dec 19, 2007
First, design block diagrams of methods of capturing and/or converting CO. Determine what generalized electronic circuits would function in each block. Make a list all the thyristors. For each thyristor, state it's unique operating characteristic and possible application circuits. Search out thyristor circuits that could perform each/any block function.

Just a one approach.

Ken