Project: how to control dc motor

SenShuSaiki

Joined Nov 16, 2008
im having a problem on how to control dc motor's..

i going to use it as to open and close a door automatically. im thinking of using comparators(do have suggestion w/ smaller volts needed) as input so that if thier is a signal the dc motor would start to turn then i dont know what to do to make it stop..

any suggestion?? please i really need your help... i cant find any circuit over the internet about it too..

mik3

Joined Feb 4, 2008
Use limit switches on both ends at the position you want the door to stop. When the door will reach that position the limit switch will be pressed and the motor will stop. If you push a push button then the motor will run at the opposite direction.

jj_alukkas

Joined Jan 8, 2009
Or use it with a monostable multivibrator like 555 with its ouput for high state equalling to the time taken to open the door and connect it through an H-bridge or relay. Ohh sorry.. H bridge wont work that easily with 555 if you want to reverse it.. so relay.. Just take the easy way..

KMoffett

Joined Dec 19, 2007
Wow.. thats a cool Idea with minimum electronics but requires toggle switches..

I think we need more info from SenShuSaiki to make any assumptions about what will cause the door open/close drive circuit to operate. Momentary pulses to start the opening or closing motion? Continuous open or close signal from a toggle switch? Power source? Motor current?

Ken

SenShuSaiki

Joined Nov 16, 2008
i decided to use limit switches to make the motor stop but only one limit switch..

it is inverted at the start so if the switch gives a pulse on 1 its output will be 0..

the output is and with out weight sensor so that if it reahes its weight limit the door would not close...