project help

annum

Joined Mar 20, 2009
The Prime Numbers
MishraJi, a mathematics teacher, was teaching his 6th standard students about the prime
numbers. He listed the first 15 prime numbers on the blackboard:
2, 3, 5, 7, 11, 13, 17, 19, 23, 29, 31, 37, 41, 43, 47
"We see that the 13th prime number is 41.", said MishraJi. Little Tinku, fascinated about the
prime numbers, asked, "Sir, what is the 100th prime number?" The teacher, unable to answer the
question then, promised Tinku to tell the answer in the next class.
Task
Your task is to help MishraJi by writing a program which can tell the Nth prime number.
Input
The first line of the input will contain the single positive integer t (1 <= t <= 1000), indicating
the number of test cases to follow. The following t lines will be containing one positive integer n
per line (1<= n <= 100000).
Output
The output will consist of t lines, with exactly one number on each line, the n-th prime number.
Example
Sample input:
Sample output:

question 2

The Palindromes
A string is said to be palindrome, if it reads same from both ends, i.e, from left-to-right and from
right-to-left. For example, “MALAYALAM” is a palindrome string. The letters are symmetrical at
both ends.
Similarly, a numeral palindrome has corresponding digits from the both ends symmetrical. So, on
reversing the digits of the number, we get the same number itself. Thus, 23432 is a palindrome
number. Further, some numbers have the property that they are palindrome in both decimal, and
binary bases. One such example is the number 58510 = 10010010012
We see that both 585 and 1001001001 are palindromes.
Task
In a given range, you have to find out those numbers which are palindrome in both decimal and
binary bases, and report their decimal sum.
Input
The first line of the input will have a single integer t (1 <= t <= 50), the number of test cases. Then,
t test cases will follow. Each test case will consist of two numbers m and n, which will define the
lower limit and the upper limit of the range (m, n <= 10000000 and m < n).
Output
The output will contain t lines with exactly one number on each line, the sum of all the palindromes
(in both decimal and binary bases) that lie in the given range [m, n].
Examples
Sample input:
1 100
300 1000
10000 50000
Sample output:

question 3

The Language War
Apologists of Java and C++ can argue for hours proving each other that their programming
language is the best one. Java people will tell that their programs are clearer and less prone to
errors, while C++ people will laugh at their inability to instantiate an array of generics or tell them
that their programs are slow and have long source code.
Another issue that Java and C++ people could never agree on is identifier naming. In Java a
multiword identifier is constructed in the following manner: the first word is written starting from
the small letter, and the following ones are written starting from the capital letter, no separators are
used. All other letters are small. Examples of a Java identifier are javaIdentifier,
longAndMnemonicIdentifier, name, nEERC.
Unlike them, C++ people use only small letters in their identifiers. To separate words they use
underscore character ‘_’. Examples of C++ identifiers are c_identifier,
long_and_mnemonic_identifier, name (you see that when there is just one word Java and C++
people agree), n_e_e_r_c.
You are writing a translator that is intended to translate C++ programs to Java and vice versa. Of
course, identifiers in the translated program must be formatted due to its language rules —
otherwise people will never like your translator.
Task
The first thing you would like to write is an identifier translation routine. Given an identifier, it
would detect whether it is Java identifier or C++ identifier and translate it to another dialect. If it is
neither, then your routine should report an error. Translation must preserve the order of words and
must only change the case of letters and/or add/remove underscores.
Input
The input file consists of several lines that contains an identifier. It consists of letters of the English
alphabet and underscores. Its length does not exceed 100.
Output
If the input identifier is Java identifier, output its C++ version. If it is C++ identifier, output its Java
version. If it is none, output 'Error!' instead.
Example
Sample Input:
the_holy_war_of_languages
anotherExample
input
bad_Style
Sample Output:
theHolyWarOfLanguages
another_example
input
Error!

question 3

The Language War
Apologists of Java and C++ can argue for hours proving each other that their programming
language is the best one. Java people will tell that their programs are clearer and less prone to
errors, while C++ people will laugh at their inability to instantiate an array of generics or tell them
that their programs are slow and have long source code.
Another issue that Java and C++ people could never agree on is identifier naming. In Java a
multiword identifier is constructed in the following manner: the first word is written starting from
the small letter, and the following ones are written starting from the capital letter, no separators are
used. All other letters are small. Examples of a Java identifier are javaIdentifier,
longAndMnemonicIdentifier, name, nEERC.
Unlike them, C++ people use only small letters in their identifiers. To separate words they use
underscore character ‘_’. Examples of C++ identifiers are c_identifier,
long_and_mnemonic_identifier, name (you see that when there is just one word Java and C++
people agree), n_e_e_r_c.
You are writing a translator that is intended to translate C++ programs to Java and vice versa. Of
course, identifiers in the translated program must be formatted due to its language rules —
otherwise people will never like your translator.
Task
The first thing you would like to write is an identifier translation routine. Given an identifier, it
would detect whether it is Java identifier or C++ identifier and translate it to another dialect. If it is
neither, then your routine should report an error. Translation must preserve the order of words and
must only change the case of letters and/or add/remove underscores.
Input
The input file consists of several lines that contains an identifier. It consists of letters of the English
alphabet and underscores. Its length does not exceed 100.
Output
If the input identifier is Java identifier, output its C++ version. If it is C++ identifier, output its Java
version. If it is none, output 'Error!' instead.
Example
Sample Input:
the_holy_war_of_languages
anotherExample
input
bad_Style
Sample Output:
theHolyWarOfLanguages
another_example
input
Error!

question 4

Maximum Sub-Array
For an array of n integers, the maximum sub-array can be defined as that subset of consecutive
elements of the array, which on addition, yield the maximum sum. For example, if there is an array
A = {8, -10, 7, 4, -3, 5, -9, 2, -4, 3 } ,
then the maximum sub-array whose elements add up to produce maximum sum is { 7, 4, -3, 5 }
with the sum being 13.
Task
Given a set of arrays, your task is to find out their respective maximum sub-arrays, and report the
sum of the elements of each sub-array
Input
The first line of the input will be a positive integer t (1 <= t <= 100000). t lines will follow
representing each of the t test cases. Each of these lines will contain 25 integers, the elements of
each array.
Output
The output should be of t lines, with exactly one number on each line, the sum of the elements of
the corresponding array's maximum sub-array.
Example
Sample input:
8 20
22 97
15 0 40 0 75 4 50
7 78
52 12 50
77 91 80
49 49
99 40
8 57 60
87 17 40 98 43
69 48 4
56 62 0 81 49
31 73
79 14
29 93
40 67 53 88
30 3 49
13 36 65
52 70
95 23
60 11
42 69
24 68 56 1 32
Sample output:

annum

Joined Mar 20, 2009
question 5

Number Pyramid
A number pyramid is a set of numbers arranged in the form of a pyramid. An example of one such
pyramid of height 5 is
23 75
80 11 34
15 40 72 15
42 84 93 15 66
On travelling down the pyramid from top to bottom, one has to step down either on the left-handside
number or the right-hand-side number from the current number. So, mathematically, if the
height of the pyramid is n, there can be 2n (2 raised to the power n) different paths possible to reach
from the top to the bottom. Out of these 2n paths, the highest-valued path is defined as that path
whose elements produce the maximum total. For example, the highest-valued path in the above
pyramid is
23 75
80 11 34
15 40 72 15
42 84 93 15 66
with the sum being 99 + 75 + 34 + 72 + 93 = 343.
Task
For a given set of such pyramids, your task is to find the highest-valued path for each pyramid, and
report the sum.
Input
The first line of the input will be a positive integer t (1 <= t <= 10000), the number of test cases.
Afterwards, t test cases will follow. The input pattern for each test case will be as following:
The first line will contain one positive number n (1 <= n <= 20), the height of the pyramid. After
this, n lines will follow. For each i (1 <= i <= n), the i-th line will contain i numbers, the elements
of that line in the number pyramid.
Output
The output will consist of t lines, with each line having exactly one number, the sum of the highestvalued
path of the corresponding pyramid.
Example
Sample input:
2 3
9 7 1
23 90
45 23 76
10 95 34 26
35 13
14 76 34
09 23 16 74
33 67 21 76 25
Sample output:

question 6

Factorials
In mathematics there is the concept of the factorial of a number. They are symbolised like this n!,
pronounced n factorial ( or factorial n). 9! is nine factorial (or factorial nine). The factorial of an
integer is the product of all the positive integers less than or equal to it. Factorials get large very
rapidly. The factorial of 13 is !13 = 1*2*3*4*5*6*7*8*9*10*11*12*13 = 6227020800. This
number already exceeds what can be fit into a 32-bit integer. Obviously, calculating factorials of
large numbers isn't very easy. But, that's what computers are for, to do the cumbersome numbercrunching,
so that we don't have to do it ourselves!
Task
Your task is to write a program that computes the factorials of 3-digit numbers. But, as I don't like
that huge numbers unless they are on my paycheck, ofcourse, I'll be happy if you just print the sum
of the digits of the factorial you find.
Input
As usual, the first line of the input will contain a single integer t (1 <= t <= 500), the number of test
cases. Following it will be t lines, all containing a single positive integer n (1 <= n <= 999).
Output
The output will contain t lines, with one number on each line, the sum of the digits of the factorial
of the corresponding number n.
Example
Sample input:
Sample output:

please help me for this question

Harrington

Joined Dec 19, 2009
Where is your attempted code for any of the questions asking for help is one thing but you at least need to show Algorithms a flow chart and finally an attempt at coding yourself Otherwise you don't learn anything This wont help you or anyone else if you try to get other people to do your homework for you

BMorse

Joined Sep 26, 2009
looks like school work to me, this should be under homework help.... and the OP should post what he has already done to solve any of the questions...

B. Morse

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

It looks indeed as homework.

From the sticky in this forum:

The Homework Help Forum is not a free homework service; we are here to help your understanding, but fully expect the users of this forum to dictate the course of their own learning.

When posting a request for homework/coursework/assignment help, you must provide details of your attempts at the questions. Any thread that just posts up a copy of the questions without any attempts on the part of the opening poster will be directed to this thread and will be given 48 hours to satisfy the requirements detailed within. Help us, help you.
What have you done upto now to solve the questions?
When you show us that we can see where you got stuck.

Bertus

Harrington

Joined Dec 19, 2009
Well done Sticky this is uh how pupils get these so called A grade exam results Anyway here is a start to question 1 This is really what you should be showing to the Forum so as to indicate that you are not just looking for answers but you have at least got stuck, need some help , and I think you will find more willing people that will provide information See attached

I haven't done your method I think you should at least try and attempt this yourself in plain English if nothing else

There is also a flow chart program which I downloaded tonight normally I start with a plain English exorcise so as to at least partially explain how I would attempt something like this and where I'm getting stuck if I needed help

Followed by a flow chart then by code or an attempt at some form of code
If you unzip the file then you will see a web page open the web page and that will give you a start

Attachments