Project for a Paramedic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fritch

Joined Apr 30, 2011
Hello All!

I am a paramedic and want to further and extend my knowledge in electrical engineering in an informal way so as to make advances in the equipment we use in the field. I have some great ideas for equipment prototypes and want to put them to use. I don't really want to go back to school for electrical engineering so I am hoping the users here can point me in the right direction.

I digress

I am designing my own version of the GlideScope with a few minor changes in ergonomics and the addition of wireless video. I would like my circuitry designs to mimic that of the Ar.Drone. It has two on board cameras and creates it's own wifi network to transmit the video to an iphone via an objective-c application. I would like to have a wireless version of the Glidescope that will also record and store the video of successful larygoscopy.

My questions are:

1.) Where do i start on finding out how to put a circuit like this together?
2.) I am having trouble locating any info on embedded cameras and corresponding circuitry through google. What keywords and search phrases should I should to ascertain this info.
3.) I am basically having trouble on where to start. I have the brains just no knowledge, any help to point me in the right direction would be great to get started.
4.) What products will benefit me? Development board? Microcontroller? Cameras? Etc.

The impetus for this project was an unsuccessful intubation on a small child due to an anaphylactic reaction. Having an instrument such as this would improve our chances of saving lives like these 10 fold. The current instruments on the market are too expensive to be realized by rural EMS where they are needed the most and I would like to design and make available such equipment. Please do not flame me I am only looking for direction. I understand I am ignorant at this point. Any help would be amazing. Thank you.

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
Fritz you already have a thread on this topic. Double posting makes it very confusing for us to reply. You must be patient, allow at least 24 hours for answers to arrive

Status
Not open for further replies.