Project: Binary Clock

mshouppe

Joined May 17, 2010
Here's a binary clock I built about a year ago. It uses a Picaxe 28x1 uC and a DS1307 RTC. I don't have any schematics, but I can supply the Picaxe code if anybody is interested. Thanks for looking.

Mike

09:49

03:24

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
Thanks for sharing it.

The purpose of these posts is to describe the project. Posting the schematics and code would be an important part of that.

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
Is that pajammas on a dog?

Oh jeez.

What are you using as the connector for the LED display board?
Do you have a schematics drawing program?

bill_marsden has set up some symbols you can use with MSPaint to make schematics,
there is also LTSpice which is a schematic and simulation program, free of charge.

Bills_PaintCad_Blog

LTSpice Download page

BMorse

Joined Sep 26, 2009
Maybe describe the project a bit and maybe mention how this is supposed to be read (i.e. what digit do each row represent??)

Here is one I had made, about the size of a silver dollar,

This is my version of a binary watch, based on a Pic16F84A uc, it displays time in true binary format:
Top row of 4 LEDs displays the Hours
The second row from the top displays the Tens of Minutes with 3 LEDs
(fourth one on the left blinks once every second)
The bottom most row of LED's display the ones of minutes...
(Right now the watch is displaying 9:54)

The time is set using a simple magnet, the clock has 2 hall effect sensor inputs, one for the minutes and another for hours, it also has a "club" function where all LED's just flash in a random fashion :) .

The LED's are also multiplexed, so it looks like a few LED's are on at a time, but in truth, only one LED is on at a time, it takes advantage of the humans persistence of vision.

"THERE ARE 10 TYPES OF PEOPLE IN THE WORLD,
THOSE WHO READ BINARY,
AND THOSE WHO DONT."
B. Morse

mshouppe

Joined May 17, 2010
Here is the code in .txt format. I also created a rough schematic using MSPaint.

I'm also providing a link to a video showing the functionality of the mode/set buttons for setting the time (I set the time to 4:55 in the video). Pressing the mode button once will light up all the hour LEDs. This indicates you are in the hour-set mode. Pressing the set key will change the hour. Pressing the mode key again will light up all the minute LEDs indicating you are in the minute-set mode. Again, pressing the set key will change the minutes. Pressing the mode key one last time will set the new time. You can also see the auto-dimming function at the end of the video. Thanks for looking.

Video:

http://yfrog.com/29binaryclockz

Schematic:

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator: