Programming PWM on ADuC812

samik999

Joined Dec 3, 2011
Hi
I work with a microcontroller ADuC812. wrote a program that produces the formation of a linearly increasing output voltage (DAС0), converting an input voltage of 0-channel ADC, and transfer the data via the RS-232. I do it in the Keil uVision. This is a code(C++):

Rich (BB code):
 # Include <ADuC812.h>
 # Include <stdio.h>
 # Include "ADC.h"
 # Include "DAC.h"
 # Include "max.h"
 # Include "vect.h"

float in, out;
 unsigned int i;
 void INT_T0 (void) interrupt 1
 {
 out = out + 0.1;

if (out> = 5) out = 0;
 SetVoltage (out, 0);
 TR1 = 1;

}
 void INT_T1 (void) interrupt 3
 {
 in = GetVoltage (0);

printf ("DAC0 =% f", out); /
 printf (": ADC0 =% f \ n", in);
 TR1 = 0;
 TF1 = 0;
 TH1 = 0;
 TL1 = 0;
 }

void main (void)

{

//----------- Set UART ---------------
 SCON = 0x40;
 REN = 1;
 / / Set timer 2 ------
 RCLK = 1;
 TCLK = 1, 
 RCAP2L = 0xDC;
 RCAP2H = 0xFF; 
 TR2 = 1
 ES = 0, 
 TI = 1; RI = 1;
 EA = 0;
 //------------------------------------------
 EA = 1;
 ET0 = 1;
 ET1 = 1;
 TMOD = 0x00010101;
 TR0 = 1;
 SetVect (1, INT_T0);
 SetVect (3, INT_T1);
 SwitchDAC (0,1);
 InitDAC (0);
 SetVoltage (5,0);
 InitADC ();
 while (1)
 {}
 }
I need to make a PWM (Pulse-width modulation) generator depending on the voltage at the ADC input. Frequency is 1 kHz. I work with microcontrollers only for 3 months, so do not have enough experience to do without help. Please help me!
P. S. Sorry for my English. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

tommydyhr

Joined Feb 3, 2009
Is the duty cycle to be directly proportional to the ADC-input? If that's the case, then a simple solution would be to perform some basic arithmetic to the ADC result, so that it can be appended to the PWM SFR.

You could also just capture the ADC-value, and match it to some constants you've defined in your ROM.

In any case, it's a question of priorities. Do you need to conserve space in the ROM, or do you need the program to perform the task as quickly as possible?

Edit: After looking up the specific MCU, it would seem as if it doesn't have a PWM-module at all, and thus has no specific SFR. Now some new questions arise; How great accuracy do you demand? Are you OK with additional external circuitry?

Last edited: