Programming needed for a PIC10F200

drewbagd

Joined Feb 25, 2013
Hey guys! I've got a fairly simple (or so I think) programming need but I do not know how to program in C. I have a basic version of the program written in Picaxe Basic, but I need the program on a PIC10f200 chip, so it needs to go to C (along with some improvements). I'm not in a position to learn how to do this unfortunately, so really, I'd rather just pay someone who knows what they are doing! If interested, please shoot me an email [drewbagd@yahoo.com] and I will send you the existing picaxe basic program along with a description of what is needed. You can give me a quote after that so you know what it should entail.

Thank you!
D

Ian Rogers

Joined Dec 12, 2012
The chip isn't really big enough to program in C..

There is only 16 bytes of ram... I don't think that picaxe basic supports that chip.. The smallest picaxe has 2k memory ans 28 bytes ram

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
The (free to download) XC8 compiler can handle the PIC10F200, but with just 256 bytes of ROM you best finish within the 60 days of free optimization. The BoostC compiler trial version (also free) only restricts program size to 2K and under, so it may be a better choice for a hobby app (you don't get commercial rights with it).

GCBasic can program the 10F's, and could have a similar syntax to Picaxe if that's what the OP is used to. I would go with the new PIC10F322 for a new project because it has interrupts, a couple of timers, PWM, etc., and midrange 14bit intstructions that the older 10F's don't have.

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
I almost forgot to put in a kind word about OshonSoft and his very inexpensive Basic compiler. I used it several years back when it was the sole reasonably priced compiler available and was quite satisfied with it's operation.

takao21203

Joined Apr 28, 2012
Tried the 10f200 a few times, not interesting. In assembler.

If you use C, you are limited to maybe one page source and can not use long int, library functions and all this.

Even array access will use the 256 words with a few lines.

Why 10f200? It is only interesting as SOT23.

There are much better 8-pin chips, such as 16f1822. I have one of these here but never used.

Unfortunately I'd need business credentials such as a website, an email is not enough to do business (not to my standards).