Programming language

Anthony Quah

Joined Dec 1, 2007
hi guy,

I am into programming..more on self learning...I would like to get feedback from expert in programming ..what sort of language now constantly use ?
- Java
- C++
- C language
- Visual Basic

which one are more frequent use language ? and what the book you all can recommend for me? i more on manufacturing...thanks

ANthony

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
A lot depends on what your application focus is. Of the list presented I would be inclined to suggest that C and C++ are the most useful - C typically in embedded applications, and C++ typically in general computing applications. Note that C and C++ have uses beyond these very general categories. Java is great for cross-platform development, so if you are looking at bridging desktop and mobile apps then Java is a good option because of the use of common code running on a JVM (benefits of portability and reduction in development times). Apart from flirting with VBS a number of years back I have nothing I can input to the benefits of VB.

Personally I use C and Java.

Dave

Sparky

Joined Aug 1, 2005
I can say - most of what I program with at work is C.

You can do embedded programming and regular (pc platform) programming with C.

I wish I had a better ability with any "visual" language, I've seen some frineds of mine do some really neat things with visual basic, visual C and Delphi. The end product with any visual language looks so professional.

Salgat

Joined Dec 23, 2006
I use C for almost all my microcontroller programming (although Assembly is still used). Java and C++ are typically used for more graphic applications, and visual basic is limited to the Desktop/Windows, although where I work this race car circuit board does interface with a visual basic program on a laptop.