programming dsPIC30F4011

coco243

Joined Sep 2, 2010
Hi,

I recently bought a book where is discussed a project with the microcontroller dsPIC30F4011 from microchip, I decided to go with that project but I don't want to buy MPLAB ICD2, I want to know if there is any possibility to make my own programmer phisicaly, without buying any programmer/debugger, I want to know how microcontrolers are programmed.

Thx

coco243

Joined Sep 2, 2010
ok, the data sheet of the controler says how I can programm the controler, but how I transmit the data to microcontroler? wireles? that I want to ask, the method of programming the microcontrole, to burn it or how it says?

coco243

Joined Sep 2, 2010
In fact, MPLAB ICD2 is a programm or a hardware dispozitive? because I don't understand so well what is it.

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
In fact, MPLAB ICD2 is a programm or a hardware dispozitive? because I don't understand so well what is it.
The ICD 2 unit is outdated/obsolete, and is replaced by ICD 3. ICD 3 is a unit used to program/debug flash based PIC MCUs. More about this unit here http://www.microchip.com/stellent/i...&nodeId=1406&dDocName=en537580&redirects=icd3
You may search the net for software and programmer schematic for your chip. But well most of these programmers are a pain to use, and may not work at all. The cheapest way that work, is to get a PICKIT 2 programmer I guess