Programmable motor controller

Nisky

Joined Mar 20, 2013
Hi,
I am working on a project to control a stepper motor with a programmable mcu board. I have discovered a board that may do what I want on ebay but cannot find any information in english on it. Even the guy who is selling it has nothing in terms of documentation. This is the description of the board on ebay "Programmable 2-phase 4-wire stepper motor driver control panel DIY". I have been searching the net for a week with no results.

I would appreciate any help with information on this board that any member can provide including programming the mcu. Or suggest an alternative board that is not too expensive. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Nisky

Joined Mar 20, 2013
I now have a bit more information on this board. It uses an STC12C2052AD MCU.
The second chip could be an LM193D.

What I'm trying to do is to feed an A & B signal from an encoder to control a stepper motor.

Attachments

Last edited:

Nisky

Joined Mar 20, 2013
More info:
The second chip is a L293D (PUSH-PULL FOUR CHANNEL DRIVER WITH DIODES). The mcu has an 8051 core cpu. Specs claim to be an enhanced 8051 faster 8~12 times than the rate of a standard 8051 chip.

Is there anybody whois willing to stretch a hand? I'm sinking.

THE_RB

Joined Feb 11, 2008
"An alternative board" would be a Linistepper. This is a popular board for micro->stepper projects with many users that's been out for many years;
http://www.piclist.org/techref/io/stepper/linistep/index.htm

It uses a popular micro; PIC16F628A, but however requires a 5,6, or 8 wire UNIPOLAR stepper motor (your board above requires a 4 wire BIPOLAR motor).

If you are happy to use a unipolar motor the Linistepper should be easier to find code or write code for, due to the more popular micro.

Also you should outline in more detail what your project does and exactly what operation you need from sensor to driver etc. People might be able to suggest better options or projects from their experience. :)

Nisky

Joined Mar 20, 2013
Thanks for the reply THE_RB. I am hacking an epson stylus photo 1400 printer to print images on tiles to make murals. The table will accommodate 8" and 12" tiles which will be too heavy for the current motor in the printer. I bought the board even if I may not use it for that purpose. I can use it for testing and learning. It was only 10 bucks.

I have tapped off the A and B plus ground timing wheel signals to drive the controller. The voltages are 3.3 volts at pulse or there about.

I'm now building a lab to learn more about micro controller since starting this project.

Last edited:

THE_RB

Joined Feb 11, 2008
It sounds a bit like the "PCB printers" some people have built to use a modified bubblejet printer to print etch resist directly onto the copper PCB. You could google for related projects and see some of their printer modification techniques. :)

Nisky

Joined Mar 20, 2013
I have done quite a bit of research online. The pcb printing I have looked at but the pcb boards are much lighter and those that I saw had no issues using the original carriage system. I have seen some dtg units that use micro controller to do what I am doing but the builders are quite secretive about what micro controller they use.

I bought the linistepper board today so I will see how that workout.

gw4xls

Joined Mar 11, 2014
Hi I have a diy dtg which is working perfect if I can help as I want to make another dtg a copy of the one I have, The bed is automatic no friction drive its very simple all the components can be bought there is just one small circuit board that needs to be reverse engineered only problem the value has been taken off the ics, The only connection from the epson r2000 is 3 wires from the pf encoder on side of printer and this goes to the little circuit board and mcu if we can find out what this does exactly then we can help each other.

Nisky

Joined Mar 20, 2013
I have since put this project on the back burner after having to deal with more pressing issues. I haven’t given up and would be interested to see what you have.